With more than 200 businesses located in downtown Green Bay, a wide range of job openings become available throughout the year, as well as volunteer opportunities for community and nonprofit organizations. See employment and volunteer opportunities posted by local organizations in the area listed below.
- Volunteers: YWCA Women's Empowerment Center
The YWCA Women's Empowerment Center is seeking motivated volunteers who want to support our dedication to empower women and girls. Consider using your time, talents and heart to be a part of uplifting women in the greater Green Bay community!
Ongoing volunteer opportunities include: sorting, organizing and steaming clothing donations, assisting shoppers in our free Women's Career Closet, conducting intake interviews, cashiering in the Madison Street Boutique and more.
How To Apply
- Downtown Clean Team
Purpose: The Cleanup Initiative is a program intended to keep the downtown streets clean and neat to ensure positive impressions to visitors, community members, and employees in the downtown district.
- The Clean Team will convene on Sunday afternoon or Monday morning to start the weekly cleanup process which usually takes about two hours.
- All cleanup equipment will be accessible to the Clean Team at the Cherry Street Ramp.
- Cleanup equipment includes: pickers, buckets, broom and dust pan, trash bags, recycling bags, gloves, and safety vests (if any of the supplies are low, please let Staff know).
- Make sure to scan sidewalks, curbs, streets, planters, bushes, and window ledges for litter.
- The primary focus areas include: N and S Washington Street, N and S Adams Street, Walnut Street, Cherry Street, Pine Street, Northland Avenue, Chase Bank Parking Lot, Riverwalk Parking Lot, Karma Parking Lot, the Washington Professional Building Lot, and the Fox River Trail.
- Trash can be dropped off at the dumpsters indicated for the Clean Team to use by Staff.
- Pulling/spraying/cutting weeds in tree beds or sidewalk cracks may be included as weekly duties during the summer and fall.
- The main point of contact will be the Program Specialist: 920-437-5972. If there are any questions, call that number for assistance.
- Safety is a priority! Do not pick up hazardous materials. Be aware of traffic.
S Washington Street from St. Brendan’s Inn all the way down to N Washington Street to CityDeck Landing Apartments.
S Adams Street from Hotel Northland to Walnut Street.
Fox River Trail from St. Brendan’s Inn to Walnut Street.
All of Northland Avenue from Washington Street to Adams Street.
Cherry Street from the CityDeck to Adams Street.
E Walnut Street from Washington Street to Adams Street.
Riverwalk Parking Lot (where Staff and Clean Team park).
Chase Bank Parking Lot.
Karma Parking Lot (behind Al’s Hamburger).
Washington Professional Building Lot (parking lot blocked off with gate arms).
Any other streets that lead up to the CityDeck.
Any other areas that look like they need attention.
How To Apply
- Green Bay Ballroom / Ballroom Dance Instructor
A ballroom and Latin dance studio is seeking for talented dance instructors in the area. Green Bay Ballroom is a quickly growing dance studio located in Green Bay, WI. Our main goal is to provide a quality dance instruction in Green Bay and its surrounding areas. We are active in beginners to competition.
Some dance or athletic experience preferred, but we are willing to train the right candidates. Pay is $12-18/hour depending on experience and pay raise will be negotiated as our instructors develop their careers and reputation with our company. Sales experience is a plus. Good people skills, fun and friendly with a good work ethic required. Potential to become full time employment, if desired. Great opportunity for someone looking for additional work, or a career change. Send Resume and cover letter to: email@example.com.
We are looking for committed individuals who are passionate to share the joy of dancing with quality services. They must be passionate for dancing and helping our students find the joy and great experiences in dancing. One also must be interested in professionally growing and developing one's skills as a ballroom dance instructor. Such growth may be obtained through competing, performing, becoming professionals, and obtaining certificates, etc.
Our studio will provide warm, safe, and professional environment for our staff to grow and develop in their skills and careers. We will provide professional feedbacks, trainings, suggestions, and opportunities for you to grow, compete, perform, choreograph, teach, etc.
For more information, email your resume and cover letter at firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume.
Studio Hours: Mon - Friday 3:30 - 9:30 and some Saturdays.
Job Types: Part-time, Internship *Potential to turn into Full-time if desired.
Salary: $12.00 to $18.00/hour
Experience: Teaching/dancing 1 year (Preferred) but willing to train the right candidates
Education: High school or equivalent (Preferred)
Location: Green Bay, WI
Additional Compensation: Career Development Opportunities, Trainings, Studio Discounts, etc.
Work Location: One location / Green Bay, WI
How To Apply
Please send your resume & cover letter to our email address: email@example.com